Saturday, May 19, 2007

Strong Lines....

Looks like I have taken quite long to understand few basics. Not that the books and my teachers were not emphasising it enough, but I think it hit me quite recently that your lines need to be strong. Your hand should draw the line, how you want it. Sounds simple, but I think this is where I can draw a similarity with playing an instrument. Your fingers need to obey you to play the music. And as in music you have to repeat the same note on and on till it becomes a reflex.

I think in landscape partings, you should be able to draw the landscape as you see. This should become a natural thing. Your hand moves once you decide what you want. I suppose the next is the brush, it too must produce what you want.

I think like in music one needs to "Riyaaz" in painting as well. So keep practicing those lines till you are tired. I think that may be the indication that your subconscious has now taken over.

All the best to me.....

1 comment:

A.V.G.Warrier said...

I am attempting an interpretation of Upanishads in my blogs. If you find it interesting share it with your friends with similar interests. Comments are welcome.