Friday, January 8, 2010

Hi,

This time I am trying to compile a list of Artists I have liked and would like to discuss their paintings. To start with I am going to make a list of Artists whom I wish to study and track. This is a longish project as the list of Artists is going to be long.

I have always wondered about the abstract paintings and why some of them I seem to like. I want to ponder on what and why I like them? At this stage I think each abstract painting evokes some emotions in me, not necessarily all of them are positive, like viewing a beautiful landscape that evokes "good" feeling. Some of them show power, raw animal power that evokes a different feeling in the viewer. Some even evoke disgust, melancholy, sadness, detachment so on and so forth.

What intrigues me is if different viewers react differently to the same abstract painting? And importantly does it agree with what motivated the artist in the first place?

Well! there is enough here to explore!

Let me make a list of various Indian artists I would like to explore:

Jehangir Sabawala
Nikhil Chaganlal
Sudhir Bangar
Jatin Das
Anjolie Ela MenonSatish Gujral
Achuttan Kudallur
Nupur Kundu
Parvez Ahmed
Nitin Dadrawala
Asit Patnaik
Birendra Pani
L.N.Rana
Manoj Aggarwal
Sadanand Bakre
Carlos Amorales
Deepak Shinde
Sudhir Patwardhan
Minam Apang
Maqbool Fida Husain (M.F.Husain)
Jagdish Chintala
Navin Kumar

I am not planning to go in any particular sequence, but as and when I have enough to write on any artist. I also plan to add more artists as I come across them.

So let me start populating this blog, wish me good luck!

1 comment:

NITIN DA said...

If you want to see more of my watercolours pl visit
nitinda.com
Regards.
Nitin Dadrawala